Monday 10 October 2011

New cards from the week

I have made it my mission to get all the card i need to get done before my holiday done so that they are all ready any only need posting, the first on my list was my sister (in law) Karen, she is a hairdresser - hense the scissors!


The second on my list was my little niece and Goddaughter Rhianna, who is almost 4!!! Where does the time go!!!!!  I am not sure what she is into particularly so i just picked a girly free image that i had to do her card:


As always coloured by pro markers, and on this image i also added some detailing around the image, i have enlarged the picture in the hope that this makes it clearer.  Its my first attempt at this style that i learnt from 'Cooper cluttered corner' which can be found at the following blog : http://coopsclutteredcorner.blogspot.com/ i love her style and love my daily fix!

The next card on my list was for my Father in Law, who is a real DIY'er he is never without some tool in his hand! So it had to be a tool related card for him!



I then needed to do a card for a work colleague, who is a fan of strictly come dancing, so i just had to go for the bling and do a sparkly card for her, i feel the sentiment is a bit plain but have struggled to think of a way around this:

I used a whole lot of glitter on this card and added gem stones on her necklace and for her ring, decoupaged up parts of his jacket and her outfit. 

I was getting a bit fed up with making cards i had to make by this point so i went for a card using a picture that i just loved and wanted to colour for ages now, i got the image free on the letraset promarker web page as a freebie a while ago to enter into a competition to win pro-markers, i never used the image and so printed it out to do for some light relief, still love the image and i hope the recipient loves it too whoever it ends up being!




Lastly i did a christmas card due to be sent all the way to Australia, the posting date for this is soon and i wanted to get this in the post as soon, so that it gets there in plenty of time.  I used a Lilly of the valley image, and inked around the edges with a gold ink.  Glossy accents on the holly on the girls hat and pearly drops on the parcel, glitter for the girls scarf for soem extra sparkle. You can see the progress on this card below:





I was planning to put hand made flowers onto this card but decided that this did not look very nice as they looked too big, so the end result looked like....
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog, it really means so much to me and i appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.