Friday 13 January 2012

Long awaited wedding card!!!!!

I cannot believe that i have not posted any cards on my blog since the 1st Jan, rest assured it is not for a lack of card making as i have been busy, i have also experienced quite a few problems with my laptop.

The card i am showing today is one that i have been working on for sometime now and i am pleased with the result.  The card is for a friend of mine to give to her partners brother.  I was given the brief some time ago and ran with the words hot pink!

After lots of searching for images we settled on one from Tiddly Inks, which is my new image/item, i had to print the image and try to remove the vampire teeth and scan back in before finally printing the image for colouring. 

I coloured the image using pro-markers, and made the card up with some pink paper from Colorbok cardstock brights, some white pearlised paper, and some vintage pink papermania vellum paper. 

I hand made the flowers from some die cut sizix cutters, tim holtz alterations elegant flourishes, the leaves came from a friend of mine (Lynn Critchley) which were made using  a cricut machine.  I NEED one!!! LOL! Not that i have anywhere to put it!!!  The flourishes and flowers were decorated using glossy accents and some glitter.  I glued the flowers down with as much silicone as i could and then set to work on a box to fit the card into. 

The card is finally sitting in the corner of my kitchen with the silicone slowly drying, I hope they love the card and the lucky couple have a  great wedding!








I am going to link this to some challenges this evening (cup cake craft challenges being one) but for now my monthly papercraft mag has just dropped through my door, and i hear a cup of tea at my friends calling me before i get my girls from school!!!!

http://craftycreationschallenges.blogspot.com/2012/01/challenge-152-something-new.html
http://cupcakecraftchallenges.blogspot.com/2012/01/cupcake-174-something-new.html
http://trimmiescraftchallenge.blogspot.com/
http://lexiscreations.blogspot.com/2012/01/challenge-56-and-winners-of-55.html
http://ppp-makeitmonday.blogspot.com/2012/01/make-it-monday-71-with-bugaboo-stamps.html
http://stampandcreateblog.blogspot.com/ monthly challenge - anything goes
http://trulymadlycraftychallenges.blogspot.com/2012/01/january-challenge.html
http://ceschallenges.blogspot.com/2012/01/challenge-67-anything-goes.html
http://dreamvalleychallenges.blogspot.com/2012/01/challenge-23-anything-goes.html
http://hookedoncraftchallenges.blogspot.com/2012/01/challenge-15.html







14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous wedding card! Love the flowers cascading over the side! Thanks for playing the Crafty Creations challenge with us!
    smiles,Deena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oolala! Beautiful Sonia. And also very creative to remove those teeth!!! lol I love the image and the template. You obviously worked very hard. And don't worry, life happens, mojo comes and goes...We are just glad you are with us at Lexi's now! Great success in the challenge. Love Samara DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb!! Love the image!! Thanks for joining us at CES Challenges this week, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a beautiful job on this! Love that shimmery paper and those gorgeous flowers!

    By the way thanks for stopping by my blog! You were asking me how my hubs fixed my laptop? He used a program called IObit and it is free. If you just search IObit into google you will see it's the first one on the list. It comes with anti-malware, anti-virus and even a complete system fix. I also downloaded a program called CCleaner to fix my registry. Now my laptop is running much more smoothly! If those don't work, there are other free programs that will find nasty stuff that bogs down your computer like; AVG, Malwarebytes, Super anti spyware and Microsoft Security Essentials which are all free!

    Hope you can get your laptop fixed! :D

    Big Hugz,
    xx Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dr.Sonia .Another stunning project from you .Super beautiful flowers and sweet image
    Thanks for sharing Shirley-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. so stunning sonia.really beautiful colours and design and i love this gorgeous image ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely card :) Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Craft Challenges this week and good luck - Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely card, thanks for entering this week over at c.r.a.f.t challenges x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well worth the effort I say! A lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! This is very striking! I love those gorgeous flowers. Thanks for joining us at Cupcakes. keeley

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Girl, what a beautiful card you made! I love it!
    Thanks for sharing it and playing along at CRAFT Challenge this week.
    Best wishes and a big hug from Austria, Elisa (GDT Jan.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for playing along at Crafty Creations in our "Something New " challenge! Super card! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, you clearly went to a lot of effort with the image and it was oh so worth it. Just gorgeous!

    Thank you for joining us at Lexi's Creations.

    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much for this . . . . its still up in bruv's house now . . . . .

    I did send you the pic of them holding it in Jamaica didn't I????

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog, it really means so much to me and i appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.